Goat Farming

Goat is the 1st domesticated animal in the ancient age and is a Poor Man’s Cow.

Because the goat meat is lean & has low fat, it is liked by all. The demand of goat meat is increasing, even though the price is high.

They are profitable under stall fed condition.

They are Prolific. They give twins & triplets.

Capital Investment of purchase of Goats is very low. For a price of 1 cross-bred Cow, one can purchase 10 quality goats.

Goats & their kids can be sold and encashed anytime. They are like bearer blank cheques.

Goat has shorter period of pregnancy. (Short Gestation Period )

They are resistant to diseases. Since they are stall fed, the expenditure on Medication/ treatment is marginal.

Their population in the country is continuously increasing, though 60% of the goats are slaughtered every year.

Products available from Goats are MUTTON / MILK / MANURE / SKIN & LUSTROUS FINE HAIR.

Cognizable foreign exchange is available from export of live Goats/carcasses/goat meat/skin. The farmer is bringing additional fallow lands under cultivation. Cities & Villages are also expanding fast & because of this the grazing land is decreasing day by day.Therefore a necessity has arisen to continue to maintain the goats by way of Stall Fed System.

Total life of Goats = 15 years…Productive — 7 years. Pregnancy Period {Total = 150 days } +/- 2 days.

Manure available from 1 adult goat in 24 hours – 1 kg…

Mortality in percentage overall is 3% {with proper management} The vaccination & deworming schedule to be followed strictly.

Indian meat is preferred in the world.

Stall-fed goats in intensive integrated farming:

STALL-FED GOATS can ideally fit into the intensive integrated farming system (IIFS). The small animals are the most efficient converters of farm and crop residues into excellent organic manure. Several farmers have successfully run stall-fed goat farms, and they have found that such an integrated farming venture was more productive and profitable as well.

Goats relish the stalks and residues of most of the nutritious cereals, and they do well particularly when mixed with green fodder such as grasses and subabul. Special goat-feeds can be formulated using farm-grown millets and oilcakes. As the cost of the feed and also the labor gets distributed over other farming operations, the actual cost of raising the goats becomes minimal. The rich goat manure is ideal for fertilizing fishponds and all other crops. It is also a good base material for vermi-composting.

Goat farming needs less capital when compared with dairying, and the animals can be raised in small farms. The floor space requirement per adult animal is about one square meter. Stall-fed goat farming is an ideal occupation for the small, marginal and landless agricultural laborers. A properly fed and managed milky goat will yield at least as much milk (on average two liters per day) as low yielding desi cows. The she-goat will deliver 2-4 kids at each parturition after a short gestation period of 150 days.

A few exotic goats such as Saanen, Toggenburg, Angora, Anglo-Nubian, British Alpine, French Alpine have been found to be well adapted to Indian conditions, and they are crossed with superior Indian breeds to get good progeny. The popular Indian breeds are Sirohi, Jamnapari, Surti, Tellicherry, Beetal, Malabari, Barbari and Gujarati. The milky-type animals are ideal for integrated farming system.

A small shed with good cross ventilation is enough to keep a small herd. A deep-litter system with paddy husk and groundnut shell as bedding material is ideal for raising goats. The biological activity in the litter keeps the housing warm in winter and cool in summer. The bedding material will last for about six months, and after that it will have to be changed.

The bedding has to be turned periodically to remove the foul odour in the pen.

The bedding material collects all the dung and urine efficiently and it is found to be an enriched organic manure. An adult goat will add about a tone of rich manure to the farm every year.

Though the goats are robust animals and are resistant to many diseases, they need to be vaccinated against foot and mouth disease, rinder pest and tetanus regularly. The animals need to be dewormed at least twice a year to keep in good stead.

Goat farming with stall-feeding can be managed in small yards just like poultry, and it will prove to be an economical and rewarding enterprise for the small, marginal and landless farmers.

Goats require energy, protein, vitamins, minerals, fiber (bulk) and water. Energy (calories) is usually the most limiting nutrient, whereas protein is the most expensive. Deficiencies, excesses and imbalances of vitamins and minerals can limit animal performance and lead to various health problems. Fiber is necessary to maintain a healthy rumen environment and prevent digestive disturbances. Water is the cheapest feed ingredient and often the most neglected.
Many factors affect the nutritional requirements of goats: maintenance, growth, pregnancy, lactation, fiber production, activity and environment. As a general rule of thumb, goats will consume at least 3% of their body weight on a dry matter basis in feed. The exact percentage varies according to the size (weight) of the goat, with smaller animals needing a higher intake (percentage-wise) to maintain their weight. Maintenance requirements increase as the level of the goat’s activity increases. For example, a goat that has to travel farther for feed will have a higher maintenance requirement than a goat in a feed lot. Environmental conditions also affect maintenance requirements. In cold and severe weather, goats require more feed to maintain body heat. The added stresses of pregnancy, lactation and growth further increase nutrient requirements. The following chart gives the nutritional requirements for various classes of meat goats.

54 Responses to Goat Farming

1. I.SYED ISMAIL says:

Thanks you
    (9791493462)
    Help Me,

2. I.SYED ISMAIL says:

Thanks YOU
    (9791493462)
    Help me,

3. Gopalakrishnan says:

i like to start goat business in near pondicherry, if u have some idea for how to start Goat farm and how how much money to be spent for 100Goat.

how is the feeding system for goats. i cannot take the goat out for feed.

Thanks in Advance if someone reply for my comment.

Gopal

4. kadhiravan says:

Hi,
    I have pure Boer Male 1.8year for sale please contact 09763488661

5. shanthi Goat farms says:

We got more than 500 nos of goats which are 100% pure & genuine goat breeds like sirohi, totapari,osmanabadi,beetal ,talacherry,kodi,ram sheeps, & jodipi sheeps etc… which are specially meant for farm breeding purpose with tracking record of each & every animal all are 100% disease free regularly vaccinated & properly dewormed according to the timing schedule of animals , we got excellent bucks above 60 kgs & does for breeding purpose which gives u good yield in next few months rather than waiting for a year for the profit & capital investment on your project , we also provide u complete medical advice for the animals from the day one u purchase goats or sheeps from us,
    1.we provide u complete guidance for feeding program ,in order to increase the weight gain of your animal
    2.we supply feed plant seeds for fodder cultivation
    3.Supply of Medicines & vaccines
    4.Supply of Mineral mixtures
    5.Supply of concentrate feeds
    6.We undertake construction of goat sheds
    7.Supply of Readymade wodden pallets for stages
    8.Supply of Concrete pillars for stages
    9.Supply of Feeding Trays & goat feeding tray stands
    10.supply of goats & sheeps for meat purpose .. etc……………………
    . in a Economical way which helps u to lead a profitable business in a easy method
    Call 08124055545,09884442068 Chennai, Tamilnadu

6. JABEER says:

Hai, My name is jabeer and i am from tamilnadu(NAGAI – DT). I would like to start goat farming .I have no previous experience.Could you please let me know regarding
    How much land i may require to do this?
    How much money i may require to start and run the farm?
    How difficult it will be for a beginner?
    From where i can buy the live stock,feed etc?
    Which is the ideal place to do these farming in regards to labour cost,land cost,water availability,climatical conditions etc?
    Will i get any support from the tamil nadu goverment in this project?
    How beneficial ,do you think this farming will be in financial terms ?
    From where i can get advice or help from experienced people in this farming?
    What all should i know before i start this farming other than these quieries?

Please do relpy.
    Regards
    jabeer
    liya500@yahoo.com

7. JABEER says:

Hai, My name is jabeer and i am from tamilnadu(NAGAI – DT). I would like to do or start chicken ,goat farming .I have no previous experience.Could you please let me know regarding
    How much land i may require to do this?
    How much money i may require to start and run the farm?
    How difficult it will be for a beginner?
    From where i can buy the live stock,feed etc?
    Will i get any support from the tamil nadu goverment in this project?
    How beneficial ,do you think this farming will be in financial terms ?
    From where i can get advice or help from experienced people in this farming?
    What all should i know before i start this farming other than these quieries?

Please do relpy.
    Regards
    jabeer

8. jomon abraham Idukki says:

I would like to start a goat farm with 100 goats.From where i get loan assistents ?.I hava 2acre land.What all should i know before start this project.From where i can buy the kids and feed.

9. Murugan says:

Hai Sir,I would like to make a goat farm in my home town (near by aranthangi).So i need the details for same.first i want start by 50 goats.please let me know about that expenses & land requirement.

10. s dev says:

you can contact me for the goat farming we will guide you fro your project commercially only , my no is +919092316743. in tamil nadu, trichyrapalli and surrondings.

11. p.senthil kumar says:

Need suggestions for goat farm project.
    I would appreciate your suggestions.

12. p.senthil kumar says:

hi,i am senthil from jayankondam i am intrested to start goat farming,please let me know about this project..thanks&regards…

13. KARTHIK says:

i want to start goat farm so how many amount invest with 25 cents pls reply me now..

14. sureshkumar.s says:

i want to start goat farms give me idaya

15. shanvar says:

Dears,

l am looking for a farm to start in Tamilnadu, if you can give plot for rent/sell l can take. l need at least 2 acre. please contact my via email (now in Saudi Arabia) after 1 week going to vecation. please contact me( 00966 55 437 8854)

16. raghavendar says:

To

Manager / SIR

Respected sir,

Sub: Above suffering Paddy Rice Straw

As per men fined above subject, I hereby am willing to say that I am supplier
    and dealer of good quality of paddy Rice straw. At present I am supplying paddy
    rice straw to pinjarapole society Mysore, other vendors in Karnataka and also
    leading with the vendors’ of Kerala also I have by wish to say that I would like

to supply THE PADDY RICE STRAW to your company or Institute if necessary,
    If you wish to order the Paddy rice straw to me I would supply good quality of
    Paddy Rice straw that will satisfy to you.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Raghavendra H.N

Karnataka (mysore)

My email ID paddystraw1@gmail.com

Cell no—9916771193,9845818254

17. gayathri says:

need a new born female goat,2 numbers..if anyone is willing to buy contact in this mail ID.prefered it is from tamilnadu.(gayathri4274@gmail.com)

18. P.S.Kesavan says:

Dear All Anybody can give details of how to start goat farming for meat. I am from Rajapalayam and please inform where should I get info and contact etc., My email is kesavan_ps@hotmail.com

19. P.S.Kesavan says:

I am from Rajapalayam and I am interested to start goat farming. I need details how to do this and other contact address. Anybody can help ??

Kesavan Raja

20. VijayKumar.P. says:

hai this is vijaykumar from trichy (TamilNadu), let me know how much money & Land i need to start Goats farms. can you suggest.

21. Anbu says:

Hi am Anbu, I have started goat farm in Tindivanam, i need around 100 goats,
    If anyone want sell please let me know.

Anbu
    9551292233

22. joseph nirmal raja says:

My native place is near kovilpatti, i have agricultural land. I am planning to start Goat Farm. as i have no experience in this, could you please help me with Details of Land requirement and Investment i am waiting for your reply.
    Regards

23. Karthikeyan says:

See i am planning buy some 150-200 goats and planning them to grow for meats. So what age goats can I buy and how long does it takes for the goats to grow to become a good meat. And please advice me what all should I do?
    My email address is kartikeyan20s@gamil.com.
    Please whoever see’s this message advice me.
    Regards Karthik.

24. RATHAKRISHNAN R says:

PLEASE GUIDE ME ABOUT GOAT FARMING.

25. k.lingesh says:

I wan to start the goat form in Tamil nadu. i want the details and investment of the project , Feed details.

Thanking You
    lingesh
    9894400025

26. Goat Farmer says:

Why dont you assholes stop discussing and just start it? No one gives a shit details about the investment, profit and all to make you rich to all you jack asses! Get lost you losers

27. ranjith kumar says:

Training on goat farming in chennai on 07-09-11 & 08-07-11

Tamilnadu government is organising two day training on goat farming on 7 th & 8 th september.
    Food and Accomdations are free..

Details:

Date and day—————-: 07-09-11.
    Time—————————: 9 am to 5 pm
    Place————————- : chennai
    Medium of instruction —: English &Tamil
    Course content————–: Breeds and breed selection
    Fodder production,
    Shed construction
    Feed management,
    Vaccination and deworming
    Health management and
    Treatment of various diseases
    Reproduction management and kids rearing
    Bank aspects
    Insurance aspects
    Economic aspects
    Motivation talk

Addess:
    KRISHI VIGYAN KENDRA,(KVK)
    Kattupakkam – 603 203.
    Kancheepuram District.
    Phone No : 044-27452371
    Near Potheri railway station.

28. Keshav says:

I wan to start the goat form in Tamilnadu. i want the details and investment of the project , please give the details White pig, Feed details

Thanking You

Keshav – 07200844844

29. Anand says:

Hi,

My native place is near to Thanjavur, i have agricultural land. I am planning to start Goat Farm. as i have no experience in this, could you please help me with Details of Land requirement + Investment + labour requirement + Doctor requirement and how about the Market requirement.
    i am waiting for your reply.
    Regards
    Anand

30. dear friends,
    agrinaa consultants very well experience in goat farming project.more people gain under agrinaa goat farm project and feeds and fodder .our concern service to consultant and also provide project books and we want also buy- back system.Any body interest please contact agrinaa consultants..our contact number is 09894420461, 09994582240 ..email:agrinaa@in.com

31. Abdulla says:

I am abdulla,Palakkad,Kerala wish to start a goat farm.
    I have no land to cultivate grass.Only 25 cents.
    How much land is need to make grass for 100 goats?
    And how much amount will have to spend for farming of 100 goats?
    How much profit will get for 100 goats perannum?
    What are the medicines and precautions have to be taken?
    what are the genuins better for a profitable goat farmig?
    Thanking you in anticipation,

Abdulla

32. syed says:

Hi I am planning to start a goat farm near by Chennai , Pl help me on this , I need full detail about this Thanks Syed

33. Vivek Vikram Singh says:

I want to start a goat farming business in Jhansi Region (UP). Presently I have 10 acres of land. Please inform me what are the things I have to do & how much amount I need to invest. If you have project report which shows detail requairment will be more better.

Thanks and best regards
    Vivek Vikram Singh Chauhan
    JHANSI
    Mobile no : 9358194309

34. abdulla says:

I am abdulla residing at Vaniyamkulam, Ottappalam,Palakkad,Kerala wish to start a goat farm.
    But I have less land (26 cents) to cultivate grass.
    How much land is need to make grass for 100 goats?
    And how much amount will have to spend for farming of 100 goats?
    How much profit will get for 100 goats perannum?
    What are the medicines and precautions have to be taken?
    what are the genuins better for a profitable goat farmig?

35. Farook says:

Hai, My name is farook from coimbatore. I would like to do or start goat .I have no previous experience.Could you please let me know regarding
    How much land i may require to do this?
    How much money i may require to start and run the farm?
    How difficult it will be for a beginner?
    From where i can buy the live stock,feed etc?
    Will i get any support from the tamil nadu Goverment in this project?
    How beneficial ,do you think this farming will be in financial terms ?
    From where i can get advice or help from experienced people in this farming?
    What all should i know before i start this farming other than these queries?

THANKS
    Please do relpy.
    Regards
    N. farook

36. m.g.s. sankar says:

i am ready to sell native breed cows to those who would really love to rear cows and do cattle farming.iam an organic farmer for 10 years. i do grow traditional variety of paddy and vegetables including banana varieties. this can even be taken as a request by the authorities of govt. of tamilnadu for getting good cows for their schemes for the distribution of cows for people of tamilnadu.

37. Simiyon says:

Hai, My name is Simiyon from aruppukottai. I would like to do or start goat .I have no previous experience.Could you please let me know regarding
    How much land i may require to do this?
    How much money i may require to start and run the farm?
    How difficult it will be for a beginner?
    From where i can buy the live stock,feed etc?
    Will i get any support from the tamil nadu Goverment in this project?
    How beneficial ,do you think this farming will be in financial terms ?
    From where i can get advice or help from experienced people in this farming?
    What all should i know before i start this farming other than these queries?

THANKS
    Please do relpy.
    Regards
    A.simiyon

38. kannadhasan says:

Hai, My name is kannadhasan and i am from Aranthangi. I would like to do or start goat .I have no previous experience.Could you please let me know regarding
    How much land i may require to do this?
    How much money i may require to start and run the farm?
    How difficult it will be for a beginner?
    From where i can buy the live stock,feed etc?
    Will i get any support from the tamil nadu Goverment in this project?
    How beneficial ,do you think this farming will be in financial terms ?
    From where i can get advice or help from experienced people in this farming?
    What all should i know before i start this farming other than these queries?
    i had completed under graduate,i have 3000sqt land area in Aranthangi.
    if the government help to arrange loan what is the prosier for that.
    THANKS
    Please do relpy.
    Regards
    p.kannadhasan

39. aman says:

dear sir,
    Iam interest to start goat farm .let me know how much investment they required

40. ADE8
    Hai, My name is Rasheed and i am from tamilnadu(trichy). I would like to do or start chicken ,goat farming .I have no previous experience.Could you please let me know regarding
    How much land i may require to do this?
    How much money i may require to start and run the farm?
    How difficult it will be for a beginner?
    From where i can buy the live stock,feed etc?
    Will i get any support from the tamil nadu goverment in this project?
    How beneficial ,do you think this farming will be in financial terms ?
    From where i can get advice or help from experienced people in this farming?
    What all should i know before i start this farming other than these quieries?

Please do relpy.
    Regards
    ABDUL RASHEED

41. amachandran says:

Wait till Ms.Jayalaithaa assumes office. The Govt of Tamil Nadu is in need of millions of goats and cows for free distribution. Please get in touch with them after election and then contact ADMK office!

42. Subash says:

Hi,

I am interested in Goat and rabbit farming. Plz need some advice.

43. kathiravan says:

Hai, My name is kathiravan and i am from chennai. I would like to do or start goat .I have no previous experience.Could you please let me know regarding
    How much land i may require to do this?
    How much money i may require to start and run the farm?
    How difficult it will be for a beginner?
    From where i can buy the live stock,feed etc?
    Will i get any support from the tamil nadu Goverment in this project?
    How beneficial ,do you think this farming will be in financial terms ?
    From where i can get advice or help from experienced people in this farming?
    What all should i know before i start this farming other than these queries?
    i had completed under graduate,i have 3000sqt land area in periyapalayam.
    if the government help to arrange loan what is the prosier for that.
    THANKS
    Please do relpy.
    Regards
    s.kathiravan

44. shaji mathew says:

Hai, My name is shaji and i am from kerala. I would like to do or start chicken ,goat ,cow farming .I have no previous experience.Could you please let me know regarding
    How much land i may require to do this?
    How much money i may require to start and run the farm?
    How difficult it will be for a beginner?
    From where i can buy the live stock,feed etc?
    Will i get any support from the tamil nadu goverment in this project?
    How beneficial ,do you think this farming will be in financial terms ?
    From where i can get advice or help from experienced people in this farming?
    What all should i know before i start this farming other than these quieries?

Please do relpy.
    Regards
    shaji
    02/01/2011

45. M.SENTHILKUMAR says:

I am running a goat farm in Kovilpatti. I am selling live goat for Rs 175/kg. If any interested in this transaction , don’t hesitate to contact me on 0091-9791736938. My name is M.Mahesh. You can send ur comments on easseru2008@gmail.com

46. NISHAD says:

i am nishad. now iam working as a travel agent . but iam thinking about the business start. i like very much goats. iam from trivandrum dist .kerala. so pls tell me how can i start my business . i dont have so much land and so much many . just thinking seriosly to star with the help of any bank loan . so give me one advise and nesessary details for this business

47. Goats for sale

I have Thalaicherry, Sirohi and Kanni goats for sale. They being grown in a farm. Those who want to buy plz contact me.
    Louis David
    9344589985
    louisdavidbf@gmail.com

48. yaqub francis mathews says:

hello plan to have goats mainly for meat but hope to have good studs so that thesize of goats can increase need all advice possible YF,

49. sethuraman manimaran says:

i am manimaran from madurai, i want the details of goat farming & white pig farming suppliers,feed details & expenses, our purchasers contacts and address from south tamilnadu

50. kannan says:

i am kannan from nagercoil , i want the details of goat farming & white pig farming ,chick suppliers,feed details & expenses, our purchasers contacts and address from south tamilnadu